Free education and childcare for 2-year-olds.

Free education and childcare for 2-year-olds.


Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support.

  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA).

  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Universal Credit.

  • Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax.

  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.

  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act.

  • The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:

  • They’re looked after by a local council

  • They have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan

  • They get Disability Living Allowance

  • They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order

If you’re eligible the free early education and childcare:

This can start at Earlybirds from the term after your child’s 2nd birthday pleas contact Claire or Jodie for more details on 01909 723947 or


  • apply on line at

  • Text Child to 86555 (texts cost 10p).

  • Call Derbyshire County Council direct between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, tel: 01629 539317 or 01629 539316 or 01629 539319.