15 additional hours free Nursery funding.
15 Additional Hours Free Nursery Funding.
3 Year Funding
At Earlybirds we offer free government places for the 15 additional hours. The first 15 hour funding is automatic for all 3 and 4 years olds and this is taken as part of the school hours in Creswell C of E Infants and Nursery School.
However 30 hour funding is only available to those parents that are eligible. To find out if you are eligible please see below.
- They earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c.£5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old and £56 a week for apprentices in their first year.
- This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hours contract.
- The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- Where a parent is in a ‘start-up period’ (i.e. they are newly self-employed) they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.
- If one or both parents is a non-EEA national, the parent applying must have recourse to public funds.
- www.childcarechoices.gov.uk is the web site you need to look at to apply.